- Rapid Response Cloud Cost Rescue
- Cloud Internal Cost Management (FinOps) Assessment
- Cloud Supplier Cost Management (FinOps) Assessment
- Cloud Cost Saving
- Cloud Cost Avoidance
- Cloud Billing, Cross Charging & Contract Management
- FinOps Enablement
- FinOps Training & Learning
- FinOps Tool Selection & Implementation
- Service Models
- Ways of Working
- Contact Us
Building Towards a FinOps Desired State
A FinOps Desired State is more than techies fixing problems today. It is about changing the way you think and work: your skills, methods, patterns and tools.
It addresses IT, Finance, Procurement and Leadership. A FinOps desired state is about continuous learning and evolving. Perhaps this includes changing some parts of your culture. We organise our FinOps work streams along three FinOps Phases or Desired States: Inform, Optimise, Operate.
We start with 1. Optimise and Drive priorities for 2. Inform and 3. Operate from there.
- Inform – Aimed at providing visibility for all cost, enabling real time decision making and providing KPIs and benchmarks. This Desired State enables individuals and teams to take accountability by showing in near-real time what they are spending, how they compare and the best of all the impact of their actions on the bill.
- Optimise – Aimed at minimising the cost through consolidation, workload behaviour, contracts and rates. This FinOps Desired state empower teams to use the information to identify, implement and measure efficiency optimisations; goals are set and aligned with each team’s area of focus and accountability for the end to end outcome.
- Operate – Aimed at ensuring processes that make the goals of IT, finance, and business achievable; ensuring new initiatives are optimised from the onset, decisions are made and plans are aligned to business objectives.
Tools and automation should be deployed to enable these processes to be performed in a reliable and repeatable manner.
We have published a good and more in-depth E-Book on this topic that you can request here.
Want to explore this in more detail? Contact us:
If this topic is of interest to you, why not follow us on LinkedIn ?